Friday 30 November 2018

Foiled Tree ~ Design Team member Karen

I have four projects to share today - all Christmas cards.  When I first saw this gorgeous tree made of stars in the Mr & Mrs Snow stamp set... I knew that it was wanting to be foiled!  I am so happy that I did... I love the end result:
 After running it through my machine, I cut it out and mounted on a simple triangle of dark green cardstock, adding a little brown base - then created a square card with my patterned tree paper.  I added a snowflake die cut, and cut the word "joy" out of some gold cardstock.  A few gold sequins added to the glimmer.
It's always hard to photograph anything shiny!  It's got quite a lovely shimmer in real life.
A few weeks back, I did some butterfly cards using the A4 Alphabet & Numbers stamp set, and wanted to try using it for some Christmas cards:
I'm sure you've seen variations on this idea before, but I wanted to give it a try with Colourific's fabulous font!
I stamped the words, leaving spaces where the O's should be... then I photocopied them onto some white cardstock (the foil only sticks to toner), and then ran them all through my Minc machine with gold foil to make my shimmery letters.
 I die cut two snowflakes from gold cardstock, and layered them onto each sentiment.
 All of the words are adhered to the base with pop dots for a little dimension.
And of course, I couldn't resist using my sewing machine to sew around the panels.  *So if you don't have Christmas stamp sets on hand, but want to put some holiday cards together - this is a quick & easy idea, and a great way to use a font.  

*There are brand new stamp sets being released by Colourific on December 1st!  Be sure to check out the blog in the coming weeks to see all of the new ideas from the Design Team.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love Life

Good Morning Monday again.  The weather here has been awful, rain, hail, snow, and sunshine all in the one day! Too wet and cold to go out...