Friday 19 October 2018

Spread Your Wings and Fly ~ Design Team Member Karen

Hello everyone!  It's Karen with you today, sharing two cards using the lovely Spread Your Wings and Fly set, along with the Alphabet & Numbers:
 Now, you're going to have to forgive my photography... no matter how I edited my photo, the butterfly came out with a distinct red tone!  It's much more of a wine colour like the photo below.  I coloured the butterflies with Copic markers - so many possibilities and different ways they could be coloured!  I fussy cut around them, and then scored down either side of the body, so that the wings bend upwards.  For both cards, I used my sewing machine to zigzag the black patterned paper onto the base.  The teal circle on the "Fly" card is adhered with pop dots for a little dimension.
 The Alphabets & Numbers set is such a great font!  Really easy to fussy cut/paper piece like I've done here.
I was going to use the sentiments that come with the Spread Your Wings and Fly set on the front of the card... but they were busy enough already, so I mounted them on some teal paper, stamped a few butterflies in black ink, and added them to the inside of the cards.
A lot of butterfly papers are light & pastel-ish, so I love the dark, rich colours of these papers for a change.
You can find all of the Colourific stamps on the website here, or just click on the links above.
Happy stamping!

1 comment:

Love Life

Good Morning Monday again.  The weather here has been awful, rain, hail, snow, and sunshine all in the one day! Too wet and cold to go out...