Saturday 13 October 2018

Congratulations Toast - Design Team Member: Verity



Hello! So good to be here. It's Verity here from Pretty Little Button with another card for you today. This card was one of the first cards I made when I received the lovely stamps from Colourific. However, I am only just getting around to showing you it today. This card is very easy to make and the stamps from Colourific do all the talking on this card!


Congratulations Toast card details:

To start, heat emboss in platinum embossing powder two champagne glasses onto white card. These were coloured in with watercolour paints, but I did not use watercolour paper. The amount of water used was very small so I was able to get away with just using the regular white card. Watercolour paper isn't a true white, which I wanted for the card, so this I why I did not use watercolour paper. If you prefer to, you can do this just as well with watercolour paper. 

Handmade congratulations toast card made by Verity Biddlecombe

I only used a couple of colours for this card, using a blue-grey for the glass and a light yellow for the liquid. I didn't do any fancy shading and wanted to keep it simple. These were fussy-cut out once dry.


For the background, I added clear water to a white card panel and dropped in a selection of blues allowing them to blend on their own. I did not add the colours close to the edge of the water on the card in order to get a soft fadeout.

The panel was adhered to a white card base and the glasses foam mounted on top. There is a little 'bubbles/fizz' stamp in the stamp set which I heat embossed directly onto the card panel above the glasses, along with a sentiment beneath. 


The card was finished with a few platinum Nuvo drops as embellishments. 


I hope you love today's card and don't forget to check out the stamp set, link below. If you loved this card please leave a comment below as we would love to hear from you. 




Until next time!

Verity


Pretty Little Button Blog | Instagram | Facebook | Youtube


1 comment:

Love Life

Good Morning Monday again.  The weather here has been awful, rain, hail, snow, and sunshine all in the one day! Too wet and cold to go out...