Wednesday 5 September 2018

Make a wish on a rainbow card - Design team member: Verity


Make a wish on a rainbow handmade by Verity Biddlecombe


Hello! So good to be here. It's Verity here from Pretty Little Button with my first post for Colourific.co.uk! Colourific stamps has some great stamps to choose from, check out the link at the end of the post to visit the shop. Today's card is a lovely bright happy card using the A5 Unicorns & Chasing Rainbow set from Colourific.co.uk. I thought this card would be perfect for anyone who loves a rainbow and let's be honest who doesn't?! Or a great child's birthday card! I googled if you can make a wish on a rainbow. Apparently, when you see a rainbow, you should draw a cross on the ground and then you can make a wish on the rainbow!


Make a wish on a rainbow details:


To start off, stamp with versamark ink onto paper that has some tooth too it, as this was coloured in with pencils. Alternatively, you could colour this with alcohol markers or watercolours, but just make sure you use the right paper. I used Strathmore tone grey paper for this as I love how the pencil goes down onto this paper. 





To create a little interest to the rainbow, I used a slightly darker shade towards the end of each stripe of the rainbow and added a light area/highlight to the left side of the arch. Make sure you start of lightly applying the colour so you can add layers and blend between the shades. 


Once the rainbow was coloured, I stamped over it again using my stamping platform to heat emboss the lines. You can leave it without this stage if you prefer. Just using a simple pair of scissor I fussy cut the rainbow out. 


To make the rest of the card, I die cut circle out of scrap paper and use the negative to adhere to my card panel to create a mask. Using a cloud edge die from my stash to create a temporary stencil, I ink blended Salty ocean distress oxide and Faded jeans distress oxide of the stencil to create the background.


The rainbow was foam mounted onto the card. I also stamped and heat embossed two clouds from the stamp set, and added a little shading with pencils. These were added to the bottom of the rainbow. To finish, I added a small heat embossed sentiment from my craft stash and added a few rainbow jewels with glossy accents. 



I hope you love today's card and don't forget to check out the stamp set, link below. If you loved this card please leave a comment below as we would love to hear from you. 




Until next time!

Verity



Pretty Little Button Blog | Instagram | Facebook | Youtube

4 comments:

Love Life

Good Morning Monday again.  The weather here has been awful, rain, hail, snow, and sunshine all in the one day! Too wet and cold to go out...