Saturday 29 September 2018

Birthday Unicorn - Design Team Member: Verity




Hello! So good to be here. It's Verity here from Pretty Little Button with another card for you today. When I was colouring in the Unicorn from the A5 Unicorns and Chasing Rainbows clear stamp set I knew straight away this would make a perfect birthday card for a little girl. I decided to play on the theme of pinks and purples but added a touch of grey to modernise it. This is a great card to have in my stash ready to send out, you should make one too!

Birthday Unicorn card details:

To start off, stamp the unicorn onto hot press watercolour paper in versamark ink and heat emboss. I used Pure Platinum WOW! Embossing powder as this would pair lovely with the colour scheme of the card. 

Unicorn birthday card handmade by Verity Biddlecombe

Next, I used my Tropical watercolour pan from Prima marketing to colour the unicorn in.  I added more colour to areas in the shadow to add some dimension and depth. I also used a soft grey ink to add a little shading around the edge of the horse head. 


To add sparkle to the unicorn I added versamark ink with the use of the versamark pen and add holographic embossing powder, and heat set this. Once the unicorn was complete, this was fussy cut-out. 

For the rest of the card, I die cut a stitched circle out of purple card. For added interest, I clear heat embossed the A6 Tiny flower background clear stamp. Before foam mounting this onto the card, I used soft stencil brushes to ink blend Tattered Rose distress oxide onto the card panel. I wanted a soft pink haze around the die cut circle. 


I cut down a few grey strips of card and adhered this onto the card panel with double-sided tape. Both the die cut circle and then the unicorn was foam mounted onto the card to give lots of dimensions. A grey die cut sentiment was added to the card along with a small stamped sentiment in matching ink. 




To finish the card off, a selection of purple and pink sequins were added to the card panel. 




I hope you love today's card and don't forget to check out the stamp set, link below. If you loved this card please leave a comment below as we would love to hear from you. 





Until next time!

Verity


Pretty Little Button Blog | Instagram | Facebook | Youtube








1 comment:

  1. So pretty, the more unicorn cards I see, the more I want a unicorn!

    ReplyDelete

Love Life

Good Morning Monday again.  The weather here has been awful, rain, hail, snow, and sunshine all in the one day! Too wet and cold to go out...