Friday 29 November 2019

By the light of the silvery moon

Hi everyone Maria here, today I’m sharing my card I’ve named ‘By the light of the silvery moon’ and yes, I love Doris Day 😁. I used the A5 Houses stamp set from Colourific.
Here’s what I used:
A 6 card blank
Black card for mounting 
White stamping card
A5 Houses stamp set
Versafine Onyx Black
Coloured pencils
Watercolour ink brush pens (I used Spectrum Noir)
Kitchen roll
Adhesive
Double sided tape

Here’s what I did 
  1. Stamp and fussy cut out the small house, using the Versafine ink.
  2. Colour in using the coloured pencils (I drew in the curtains).
  3. Using the watercolour ink brushes, I added the blue to the top of a piece of stamping card and blended with a large flat brush and water - then I repeated with the amber colour and the green, making sure I blended the blue and amber colours for the sky but not the green.
  4. Dry this sheet using a heat gun or leave to dry naturally before you do the next step.
  5. Cut out a circle of card for the moon template - I used the top of an embossing powder lid to draw round.
  6. Place the moon template onto the sky - mainly into the blue section, and with a small wet paintbrush draw round the moon.
  7. Then with a medium sized brush wet the ink inside the circle and blot with kitchen roll - this brings the colour out of the moon giving it a faux bleached look.
  8. Glue the house onto the backing sheet.
  9. Mount onto white and then black card and then onto the card blank.

Hope you enjoy making this card.  Join me next Friday for more Colourific inspiration.
Maria x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love Life

Good Morning Monday again.  The weather here has been awful, rain, hail, snow, and sunshine all in the one day! Too wet and cold to go out...