Monday 19 November 2018

Sketchy Pattern Backgrounds - DT Member Verity





Hello! So good to be here. It's Verity here from Pretty Little Button with another card for you today. I have called this post sketchy pattern backgrounds as there are two stamps from the A6 Moderne Flowers stamp set from Colourific which have a more sketchy appearance to them. I used just those two stamps with repeated stamping to create the focal background elements for these cards.


Sketchy Pattern Backgrounds card 1 details:

For this first card, I used a piece of masking tape to mask a small portion of the top of the card off. Then mounting the two stamps onto acrylic blocks, I repeatedly stamped the two sketchy florals in versamark on the remainder of the card.  


To make sure I didn't stamp over an area I had already stamped, I cover with embossing powder as I went along. However, I did not heat set until the end, to reduce the amount of warping. 


Before removing the masking tape, I ink blended Blueprint sketch distress oxides onto the panel, fading out slightly towards the bottom to create a gradient. The embossing resists the ink, but it is useful to buff the embossing afterwards to bring back the shine. I heat embossed a sentiment from my stash and finished the card off with a few Nuvo drops. 


Sketchy Pattern Backgrounds card 1 details:

For this second card, I only used the small floral sketch stamp. This was repeatedly stamped in versamark ink onto a piece of watercolour card after masking and sectioning an area at the top off. This was then heat set.


To add the colour, I cover the section with clear water and added orange watercolour to the bottom area. I gradually pulled the colour out with clear water lightening the colour creating a soft gradient. I kept repeating this to intensify the colour. 


To finish the card off, a piece of black twine was wrapped around the bottom of the stamp before the panel adhered to a card base. I sentiment was stamped in black dye in and a few Nuvo crystal dew drops were added as embellishments. 


I hope you love today's card and don't forget to check out the stamp set, link below. If you loved this card please leave a comment below as we would love to hear from you. 




Until next time!

Verity


Pretty Little Button Blog | Instagram | Facebook | Youtube

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love Life

Good Morning Monday again.  The weather here has been awful, rain, hail, snow, and sunshine all in the one day! Too wet and cold to go out...