Wednesday 19 September 2018

Background Stamping with Leaves by Atiya


Hello everyone!
My name is Atiya and I will be taking over the blog today. For my first DT project with Colourific, I have done some background stamping using A6 Leaves stamp set.

For this card, I have used Altenew Crisp Dye Inks for stamping. I wanted this card to be fun and vibrant. So, along with the Green and Black, I went with Pink and Yellow.  I have used Honey Drizzle, Rubellite, Forest Green and Jet Black. 


Before starting off with the stamping, I placed the stamps in the way I wanted them to be. This way I had a clear idea of where each stamp will be positioned and how it will look. Once the background was ready, I grabbed the word 'Thanks' from one of my Sizzix stamps and dies set. I stuck it down using a foam tape. 

To give a little bling, I added a few rhinestones. 


For the next one, instead of doing an entire background. I decided on doing a little part of the white cardstock. I stamped using  Altenew Crisp Dye Inks in Starlight, Tide Blue, Turquoise and Jet Black. As compared to the first one, I wanted this to have minimal tones. 

Next, I took the black cardstock and glued it underneath the white cardstock just so that a little stripe of black could peek. For the base, I went with the Kraft Sheet. I liked how everything blended together in the end.



Then I punched a Fall leaf using a Fiskars punch and distressed it using Black Soot. I tied a little piece of twine to the stem. And for the word 'Hello' I again went with my Sizzix stamps. 

Once everything was glued, I added some sequins and rhinestones to finish up the look. 


And this is it for today! I hope you liked today's post. 

To share your creations using Colourific Stamps, you can join the Colourific Stampers Fan Group here.

See you next time!  

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards, love the highlight stamping you have created using a block of the pattern :)

    ReplyDelete

Love Life

Good Morning Monday again.  The weather here has been awful, rain, hail, snow, and sunshine all in the one day! Too wet and cold to go out...